Friday, October 29, 2004

Sick and tired (but happy)

Just a quickie - Mark and I have been SICK (and I mean everything came out both ends!), Mark's lasted all night and he rested and felt cruddy the next day but is fine now, mine the same but seems to be going on longer, still really achey and weak. Luckily we took it in turns and the girls have been fine - so far....It's so much nicer to be ill here than at home nonetheless, and I didn't feel homesick at all - which is a good sign.

Before that we all had a cookery lesson and found out that we are eating so much butter, ghee and cream - and we thought we were detoxing!!! Today we had lunch, and swam in the swimming pool of the only really posh hotel in Varkala - it was a really nice way to convalesce for me - until it started raining that is - not that it is cold but I couldn't lie out on the lounger anymore, we all caught the sun, Mark and I got a bit burned and I was literally only out in the direct sun for about 10 minutes!

We've met a nice family with kids - they are US/New Zealanders - taking a couple of months to travel between moving from California to New Zealand. They have a girl of 11 and a boy of 13 and the kids all get along really well and we adults do too, so we've being doing stuff together which is great.

There's lots more news but I guess Mark will put a blog on with photos soon [see below - Mark] as he's uploading as we speak and I'm feeling very weak and need to go home and lie down - hope you are all well and keep in touch - we like comments on the blog and emails from home too - hint hint

Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound amazingly cheerful for someone who has been sick - great to hear how happy you are. Get well soon and keep having fun. Alan send love to you all and lots from me too, Jo xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!
It was great to get your halloween message - I like the idea of carving watermelons instead of pumpkins. We had a little halloween party with eyeball cakes and jelly dead man hands which we made in rubber gloves! Then we were out trick or treating so we missed your call but will ring you soon to hear your news

Hope Mark and Heather are feeling better and no-one else is sick. I look forward to a proper indian meal from you when you're back!!

Lots of love to all, Sasha xx