Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A visitor in the middle of the night

Last Saturday we went to sleep early, because we were going to get up 6am to go to lake Nakuru - so we were going to be tired, so we all went to sleep. Next thing I heard was knocking at our gate: I got scared, but then I heard Naomy on the phone talking to someone. I could still hear the knockin at the gate, and the next thing I heard was Naomy shouting 'Heather, Heather' - but Heather was asleep and was not replying so I shouted "yes Naomy?." She asked me if I heard the knocking, and I said yes: she said it might be someone trying to break in, so she phoned the police.

Then Heather woke up and called Paulo, and he said that the person had been calling 'Paulo,' but he was too scared to go and look! So eventually he went to have a look to find out that it was not a thief, it was Livingstone, Naomy's sister's son. He came at 1am trying to get in, and he was drunk - so just before the police came we had to get Livingston into the outside shed to sleep because Naomy did not want him to be shot by the police. When the police came they had to lie so that if there was a real problem in the future, the police would still come.

So that's what happened.

- Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great story about the mysterious noises in the night that turned out to be a drunken Livingstone. Very scary that he may have been shot by the police - that brought home to me how far away you are. I am so looking forward to seeing you all in Thailand - I hope you get used to it quickly so you can show me the ropes. Lots of love to you and to all Jo xxxx