Sunday, September 05, 2004

We will not be with you for much longer

Well, it is getting very near now: starting to take my leave of loved ones I won't see for a long time, and chewing through a few more things on the long list of last-minute stuff to do every day. In a very minor way, this is great practice for dying. No pain, not too much terror, but lots of long and short goodbyes to say, and a set of affairs to leave in order. Some people are upset and not sure whether to burden me with it or not, some others have dropped out of touch a bit now we're nearly gone. I've caught up with old friends I've been out of touch with for no good reason, and also had a couple of important but awkward conversations that have been put off for a long time - now I will soon be on the other side (of the world) it seemed pointless to wait any longer. Of course, we have a guaranteed after-life following this departure, and we will be with you all again in the third quarter - though probably subtly changed in some way. In the meantime, this blog will carry news of our journey through the underworld ... - Mark

No comments: