Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Hi all

Posted from an email H wrote - sorry if you've already read it!

After a whole week not being able to access my gmail account I was looking forward to lots of lovely messages but what did I get? 6 only and 2 of them were from Mark and 3 from JK (thanks to Syam for the other one and JK of course).

I have been ill for a few days and just went and succumbed to antibiotics today - fed up of missing all of the fantastic sights that this country has to offer. Cochin seems great but we are leaving today and probably won't have time/energy to see too much of it - emailing is about all I'm up to at the momnet. Poor Rosa is not even up to that - she is lying in the hotel with a heavy cold/flu, after having a course of antibiotics for an ear infection. Melissa also has diarherra on and off. Altogether we are a motley crew but I still don't want to be anywhere else but here! Although it is nice to hear from my friends at home as I do miss people.

Hopefully once we get to Bangalore Mark will be able to blog some of the millions of photos that we took on our journey over the mountains and through the backwaters. [meanwhile, look here for some of our (unedited) photos that Paul Campbell put up on his web site] The views were specatular and the wildlife thrilling (Vicky I wish I knew what the birds were!) There are loads of water birds including cranes, herons, loads of kingfishers. But there are lots of other little birds with bright colours and tufts on their heads etc.

One good thing about India when you're sick is that the TVs in the hotels have Discovery Channel, National Geographic and Animal Planet so you can always find an interesting wildlife program to watch - and believe me I've seen a few over the last week!

Anyway hope you are all ok and as happy as I am (but hopefully less sick). Please drop me a line if you have time - it really makes my day and I'll try to reply (and I know I haven't replied to all of them - sorry)

lots of love

- Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Heather, poor Rosa, poor Melissa!!! It's a shame that you are poorly but it is great that you sound so happy in spite of that. I hope Mark keeps well so that one of you is fully functional! I'm sure you are missing everyone, but be glad you are not here - it's dark so early and has suddenly got very cold. Honestly by 5 o'clock everyone is ready to batten down the hatches and something about the dark drains all energy. We hope you get completely better soon. We think about you all the time, miss you lots and love getting the up-to-date entries to follow your adventures. Lots of love to you all Jo xxxx