Saturday, November 20, 2004

In Palolem

We're in Palolem, a beach resort in Goa. It's quite like Varkala except much bigger, more tourists and shops and the sea is calm and we're not on a cliff. Mark finally managed to persuade us to come here, after I initially resisted the idea strongly as its the most southerly beach in Goa and therefore furthest away from the airport - where we need to pick up Sati next week. I'm glad that we came though as its fairly laid back and as the season hasn't properly started yet, relatively quiet, but with plenty going on to keep the children happy. Unfortunately I'm ill again - whilst I love India it doesn't seem to be agreeing with me physically and I had a fever again last night and was shivering under a fleece and quilt whilst everyone else was roasting!

There is a vast selection of food to choose from but again probably the Indian food will be the worst - with it adapted to suit Western tastes and not like the food that real Indians eat - we will see if we can find any proper Indian eating places, otherwise its nicer in touristy places to eat Western food and I had a lovely ratatouille and mashed potato last night. We went for a lovely night time walk along the beach before I had to rush home to be very poorly again.

 

I'll blog more later but now I think I need to go back and lie down for a while

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Heather, you do seem to be having a rough time physically. I hope you get well really soon so you can wallow in having Sati with you. It's lovely to think about you all being together - have a great time.

We send you lots of love, Jo xxxx