Friday, February 11, 2005

Guest Post from Di

Hi there

just sitting back here at the Atlanta computer - seems so hot here after the cool of Laos and N thailand. Just another day - mostly to be spent organising my baggage I think and getting prezzies. Time to write a few words for the blog I thought.

Great to hear that you met up with the boys again - nice to know they are well!

It was great to spend 10 days with Heather Mark Rosa and Melissa in Thailand. I had managed to get them a room at the Atlanta and when Shay and I arrived, there they were sitting by the pool all looking fine and as if they were born to it! We had a few mostly relaxing days in Bangkok and it was good for me to have a bit of relaxation too after a hectic three weeks in Java. Highlight was probably the foot and Thai massage with five of us being ministered to by five very sweet lads.(Thai Westlife stylee) - hope Mark has got the photo!

I whisked them all off onto the overnight train to the North and I think it went down well - we'll skate over Rosa's mardy at not getting the bottom bunk! Chiang Mai was great and there were seven of us there which made it easy to be our own private tour group and whizz off in a tuk tuk whenever we fancied - those elephants really were good at football - and Heather was only just dissuaded from buying an elephant painting.

To Chiang Rai by special luxury VIP bus - what a great tour guide I was! and a hotel at 3 quid a double WITH a swimming pool! - wow what a great tour guide!!

It all went far too quickly and there were great times - night markets, foot massages, shopping, swimming, elephants, shopping, Starbucks (twice) the Burmese border, more shopping and lots of good laughs. Wish I could have stayed longer but Laos beckoned and I finally got to Luang Prabang. It was really great to see you all and I was very impressed that you are all still speaking to each other - continue to have a great time in Thailand.

- love Di

No comments: