Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hi from Krabi

Hi all,

Thailand's great - I haven't blogged or emailed so much as I might recently because Heather and me have been working on a job application (believe it or not!) for when we get back, and my mum's been with us for a week and a bit, so I've been spending lots of time catching up with her. We've been North, now South - we were over in the Gulf of Thailand, and now we've just arrived on the Andaman Coast (quiet, because the tourists all think its a disaster scene, but actually all cleared up and very much open for business in many places - being here we get cheap prices for things, and we're helping them get back on their feet too by spending our cash here).

We'll be here for four days to a week while I do a diving course (I tried to get the others interested, but they're all happier snorkelling apparently), then back up to the cheap and cool north until the end of March, when we're heading to Australia for ten days, then New Zealand for ten days, California for a week, Mexico for six weeks, Cuba for a fortnight, Jamaica for a fortnight and then home! Can't believe we're so far through already. Off to bed now - we left Ko Samui at 1:30 this afternoon and got to Krabi at 9pm will blog more again v soon.

- Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
It is v cold today and the promised snow didnt hit us effectively,a gentle falling yesterday that covered surfaces was gone by midday so I was v disappointed. Ofcourse there was masses of snow in usual places such as Scotland and Yorkshire (poor sheep). However daffodils are beginning to show. For the first time, I had my regular Robin sitting on balcony whist snow fell, like an Xmas card!
My, your grammar is falling apart , all this 'me' placed in wrong part of sentences!!!
Chatting with Jo about her experiences and you all was most interesting. She has so overloaded herself with work and studies that her first hour to herself will be Monday afternoon, as she has a course Sat. and Sun. Now she is suffering from jet lag.
I've had a bad infection in my catherer tube and 2 weeks of anti-biotics and accompaning diaorhea. Lucky for me it wasn't peritonitis in the peritoneum.
Politicians spouting pre-election blurb and promising allsorts, newspapers hounding poor Prince Charles and Camilla because they have decided to get married at last. I have never understood freedom of the press which equals persecuting individuals.
Not v interesting news from this wintry city. Do hope the deep sea diving is going well Mark. Lots of love to all- G ABC

PS Wonder if any of my missiles ever reach you?

Anonymous said...

Yes Blake - we get and read and very much enjoy your comments - please keep them coming! Love Mark, Heather, Melissa and Rosa